This savoury sauce has its origins in Argentina and is traditionally served with grilled meats. Nutritionist and Red Seal Chef at ACMe Food Co., Marcie Guerin has taken it a step further. This is the flavour base to many of the delectable dishes at the restaurant, one of the most popular being the Quinoa salad. Whip up a batch of this chimmichurri, mix with a few cups of cooked quinoa, add a filet of grilled salmon, some sliced avocado and you have a delicious and nutritious lunch…ready to go!
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 1 bunch fresh parsley
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 oz fresh garlic, pressed
- 4 oz seeded fresh jalepenos
- 2 oz white onion
- ¼ cup white vinegar
- ¼ cup fresh squeezed lime juice
- pinch salt & pepper
- Place all ingredients in a heavy duty blender or food processor and puree´
- Enjoy on its own over grilled fish or meats, or mix into your favourite salads.
One of the very nicest things about life is the way we must regularly stop whatever it is we are doing and devote our attention to eating.
*photo credit ACMe Food Co.