Love this girls sense of humour…this is pretty much verbatim what Nancy from Bite Me Baking sent me for a recipe to share with you…she’s a clever lady. Enjoy! Check out how she found her passion for baking in this interview!
Energizer bunny Bars
- 1 bottle of your favourite wine
- 1 cup quick oats
- ½ cup peanut butter
- ¼ cup honey
- 1/8 cup agave syrup *
- 1/8 cup flax seed
- 1/8 cup chia seeds
- 1 cup coconut flakes
- 1/8 cup roasted sunflower seeds
- 1/8 cup roasted pumpkin seeds
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ cup chocolate or butterscotch chips melted and drizzled on top
- Line a 9×9 baking pan with a parchment sling
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl. Pour a glass of wine.
- Using a rubber spatula, spread the mix into the prepared pan. Press down with back of spatula to flatten bars
- Drink wine to celebrate your awesomeness.
- Melt chocolate chips in a bowl in microwave for approx 25 seconds-May vary.
- Take another sip of wine for courage and commence drizzling chocolate onto bars in any pattern that strikes you. If it doesn’t look good, drink more wine until it starts looking good or you just don’t care anymore! It’s granola bars not ROCKET SCIENCE -RELAX!!!
- Refrigerate for at least two hours or overnight before cutting the bars into 14 pieces. If you lift the bars out with the sling to cut, then you can store them back in the baking pan.
Nancy’s notes: These taste delicious frozen! *Don’t be tempted to leave out the honey and add straight Agave syrup-been there, done that-doesn’t work! The bars will not stick together. You can, however, skip the Agave and use 1/3 cup honey in total.
Deidre’s notes: Easily doubled, I used ground flax meal…because I had it, worked great.My drizzling skills were obviously affected by the wine (see picture) and we used peanut butter chips…they were very yummy. My kids LOVED them, I will make again!
Be moderate in order to taste the joys of life in abundance. ~Epicurus